Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £37000 per annum + van, bonus, additional benefits
about 2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Fibre Specialist to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
As a Field Quality Specialist you will be carrying out field performance audits across direct labour teams and external suppliers to ensure they are fully compliant with all aspects of the quality standards across the build. This will include completing quality audits the network, as well as any new network installed using the PIA agreement, supporting and encouraging all positive safety practices. Along with the role of a Quality Specialist you will also support the Service Delivery Desk with any on the day issues/complex installations or Network assurance tasks.
- Drive continuous improvement across the network in all build areas through focused audits.
- Supporting installation engineers to ensure safety, quality and processes are followed.
- Completing when required installs of fibre optic cables into residential and business premises.
- Assist with technical support between the service operations and the field resource when required.
- Highlight any risks that need addressing impacting customer connections or field team.
- Assisting with 'on the day' issues that would otherwise prevent successful completion of tasks impacting right first time.
- Dealing with complex / non-standard installations from site survey through to successful completion.
- Being part of an on-call rota providing industry leading emergency response for network / customer - issues / faults.
- Embracing continuous improvement supporting the organisation with installation problem solving.
- Dealing with any planned service assurance tasks.
- Experience auditing completed works and carrying out quality checks.
- Experience auditing safe systems of works (safety checks)
- Extensive experience and knowledge of fibre including network build, FTTP installation, fibre blowing and fibre splicing, service assurance
- OTDR / IOLM testing
- Knowledge of PIA - duct and / or pole installations
- NRSWA - units 2 and 10
- Full clean driving license
- Knowledge of the OR Network
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- 1 day off for your birthday.
- Company Van/Fuel Card.
- Additional benefits.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.