Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000 - £65000 per annum + pension, bonus, additional benefits
9 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Network Engineer to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
You will take ownership of the design and implementation of network solutions required by the business, while working to strict deadlines and being flexible to changing business requirements. The role also involves providing 3rd line support for diagnostics and resolution of network incidents, vendor and supplier engagement and mentoring of mid-level and graduate network engineers.
- Design, document and implement network solutions to deliver business objectives.
- Lead and manage the delivery of multiple projects at the same time to achieve agreed timescales.
- Contribute to the build and capacity management of the network, to facilitate optimal network operation under normal and failure conditions.
- Manage & resolve complex network and system incidents within desirable timeframes to meet defined SLAs.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties such as vendors, suppliers, and strategic technical partners.
- Contribute to the development of automation solutions to improve process/operational efficiency in the networks team.
- Participate in the on-call rota to support optimal operation of the network.
- Mentor mid-level and graduate engineers to aid their professional development
- Minimum 6 years' experience working for an ISP across a service lifecycle - Design, Build, Automate, Operation.
- Network design workflow experience and HLD/LLD documentation.
- Development of QoS-enabled solutions using concepts such as traffic classification, marking, queuing & scheduling, policing, and H-QoS.
- Advanced knowledge of L2/L3 routing and switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ISIS, STP, Q-in-Q, storm control, etc.
- Experience with NMS and metrics collection servers such as LibreNMS, Grafana, SolarWinds, PRTG, etc.
- Familiarity with security solutions e.g., Fortinet and Palo Alto firewalls, and IPS/IDS etc.
- Experience with passive optical network technologies (GPON/XGS-PON).
- Experience with virtualisation concepts and solutions e.g., VMWare ESXi, Proxmox VE server, and Proxmox Backup server, RAID types, etc.
- Knowledge of MPLS technologies such as L2/L3 VPNs, RSVP, LDP, etc.
- Network automation using Python, Ansible and related libraries.
- £55,000 - £65,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.