Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65000 - £75000 per annum + pension, bonus, additional benefits
about 2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Planner to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
You will develop, monitor, analyse project plans and report progress against the baseline, and drive delivery within the internal and external team. Undertake 'what/if' scenario planning and develop appropriate mitigation's with various stakeholders and prepare / present reports for project teams and management.
- Expert user of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 planning software with an overall understanding of the Enterprise database
- A detailed understanding of infrastructure type projects from the design, construction and commissioning phases.
- Able to accurately define project programmes and schedules with clarity, incorporating input from internal and external partners, ensuring dependencies, constraints, logic links and ownership is clear and that assumptions are consistent across the project.
- Must be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team in the production of both project and tender Programmes for short, medium and long-term planning.
- Able to communicate with impact; experience in working with various stakeholders with minimal supervision.
- Experience in preparing project resource histograms, cost and resource forecasts.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management and change control.
- Application of good baseline management through the liaison with the internal and external design, build and assurance teams. Review project progress, undertake updates and implement corrective action plans as appropriate to address programme slippages.
- Apply good level of planning control, governance and reporting using best practice including trend/variance analysis and Earned Value Management
- To work closely with the internal teams and design/build partners to ensure that plans are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- Apply risk and contingency management as appropriate and identify any serious deviations to the programme.
- Identify and manage changes to the work scope and track changes within the programme/plans
- 5-10 years project planning experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert user of MS Project and/or Primavera P6 and proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of large multi-disciplinary projects.
- Must maintain a good and pragmatic working relationship with internal teams and contractors.
- £65,000 - £75,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.