Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + healthcare, pension, additional benefits
27 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Special Operations Engineering Manager to join an exciting business within the fibre industry.
Reporting into the Project Manager for Active Cabs/MDU and Wayleaves you will own and manage a specific part of an essential build cycle, in doing so you will be responsible for managing a team that ensures the company succeeds in its corporate objectives in providing fast and reliable fibre to everyone.
You will be responsible for managing the Special Operations Engineering function within the company owning the completion of specific build tasks including but not inclusive of:
- The deployment of Powered Street Cabinets including Civils, Power (DNO & Meter) and Commissioning activities to assist in the handover of furniture to Network Engineering teams, your team will provide the "boots on the ground" to ensure that all tasks are completed on time and that all Quality Assurance measured are achieved.
- Supporting the Project Manager in the delivery of backhaul and backbone optical infrastructure including managing third party Engineers to create the spine network, connecting Active Cabinets to the network.
- Providing Engineering resource for MDU Build on L2C basis including forecasting resource, scheduling and completion of build activities to release MDUs for sale in line with the MDU Build Manager.
- Supporting the Build Assurance team in providing overflow Engineering resource to enable testing and Quality assurance of areas being released in line with company objectives.
- Creating and owning documents and processes that provide guidance and structure for the wider business owning the function.
- Team management, delegation of tasks and managing people, leading a team in the mould of the business.
- Highlighting priorities that will have a direct impact on deliverables for the team working with the wider organisation to ensure swift action is taken to reduce inefficiencies and increase customer satisfaction.
- Own internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Proactively monitor and pursue overdue tasks ensuring minimal disruption within the business.
- Provide reports to the wider business on progress/development and issues.
- Risk mitigation, looking for ways to reduce chances of failure and implementing change structure & protocols to inhibit.
- 3-5 years experience within the telecoms industry or similar services industry.
- Extensive experience in role/field is desirable but not essential.
- Previous people management experience is desirable understanding how to develop people, manage a team efficiently and drive results.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio & Project.
- Experience with planning tools such as QGIS or APX is also desirable.
- Experience working to demanding delivery timescales and the confidence to challenge convention.
- Up to £45,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.