£35000 - £40000 per annum
6 months ago
Our client exists to ensure the UK has the best full fibre networks, to provide the best gigabit capable connectivity and broadband to UK businesses throughout a growing partner community. This enables opportunity, progress, exploration, creativity, innovation and commerce. Rapidly advancing technology means there's never been a more exciting time; for you, for business, and for the future.
This role will be fundamental to the Supply Chain Department. The successful candidate will need to be proficient in excel, experience in procurement and be able to hit the ground running from day one.
You will report in to the Head of Supplier Management on a fixed term contract with the potential of becoming a permanent employee. You will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders across our three office locations Daresbury, Saltney and Welshpool.
- Procurement of materials ranging from small bespoke contracts to large frameworks agreements with Tier 1 suppliers
- Work with regional sub contract labour to maximise performance, resourcing and rate
- Control of stores purchasing for the company, ensuring value is maximised between availability and stock management
- Influence suppliers and the internal business to act as an intermediary - drive the strongest rate & performance for the Company, whilst removing blockers internally for the suppliers
- Support and Hold negations with external providers to ensure the service, quality, added value, total cost management and security of supply
- Provide an effective procurement engagement service, providing guidance and advice on alternative delivery options of tenders as well as guidance on risk mitigation and value delivery through sourcing
- Drive best practise on procurement policy and practise
- Improving Supply Chain Forecasting with Key Stakeholders
You will have a demonstrable track record of;
- Knowledge of key procurement processes, tools and methodologies used by leading edge procurement practitioners
- Knowledge of techniques for implementing commercial agreements in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence at senior management levels to embrace and support the strategic agenda is essential
- Strong commercial acumen, negotiation and resolution skills
- Knowledge of the resolution of procurement challenges with demonstrable experience in dealing with legal teams
- Knowledge of the Telecoms Industry, change management skills would be advantageous.
Please note this is a 6 month contract with the view to becoming a permanent role
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.