Irlam, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum
9 months ago
Our client is an exciting start up Telecoms business founded by a leadership team with extensive experience in the UK telecoms and major infrastructure sectors. Their mission is to build a high-speed fibre network providing fibre for all. They trade with communication providers and enable them to offer a range of services to their subscribers. This includes a 1GigBit internet access service.
The main purpose of the job is to prepare, execute & document tests of software based deliver items. This may require the development of related automatic test suites. Following the completion of the test and acceptance process, there will be a need to over see some aspects of the release process in particular, early life defect remediation, feature requests and ad-hoc support for user queries.
- Working with IT Development teams (internal or external) to build an understanding of the functional requirements of a software item.
- Preparation of test suites using a mix of textural documents and automated scripts.
- Reviewing test suites with internal and external stakeholders. Considering scope/coverage repeatability/reliability, timescales, sequencing.
- Documentation of test results using support systems (Jira for example)
- Commenting on progress with verbal and /or written reports.
- Support for the development of automated testing wherever practical. This will include regression testing, remote system emulation and any other aspect of the test process which may be automated. Enacting the test suite and responding to findings both with the suite itself and results from the tests.
- Support for the release process as required by the Software Team Leader. This is an informal role, responding to the requirements of the project and wider business requirements.
- Degree level qualification in a related subject.
- In-service training in subjects related to the testing process, automated tooling and quality systems
- Development of test suites for software based deliverables that include;
- Web based UI's
- REST or SOAP API's
- Business software processes (e.g. Database interaction)
Aptitude, skills and abilities
- Evidence of test automation application development
- Evidence of team working
- Able to present clearly around test and automation topics
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.