Newcastle upon Tyne
£35000 - £450000 per annum, Benefits: Vehicle scheme, excellent pension scheme, overtime
21 days ago
- Identify the main components of equipment/system and explain the working function principles of these parts.
- Carry out tasks on new installations, maintenance and repairing activities on turbo compressors, steam turbines, expanders and other rotating equipment.
- Perform service tasks, change rotors, clearance checks, alignment with laser and dial method, hydraulic fitting of coupling.
- Perform oil flushing of the complete system.
- Disassemble, inspect and reassemble machinery.
- Read and understands PID's.
- Competent of writing technical reports.
- Perform all works to strict health and safety standards.
- Flexibility to work long hours, weekends and various shift patterns.
- Graduate from Apprentice training or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 5 -10 years experience in rotating equipment (steam turbine, compressors and expanders).
- You must have excellent steam turbine and compressor experience.
- Experience in reading technical documents.
- Good reporting skills being able to report findings in field writing.
- Understand how to use measuring tools.
- New installation and/or service work on at least three types of turbomachinery including steam turbines and turbo compressors.
- Onshore/offshore tickets very beneficial
- £35,000 - £45,000 basic DOE
- Overtime - equivalent to double your salary on your P60.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Vehicle scheme after probation
- Sliding scale pension
- Additional Benefits